The Community Matters After-School program provides children up to grade 4 an environment which promotes physical and mental health, well-being, artistic skills and literacy and numeracy skills. The program is offered to over 100 children in Rose Avenue School from 3:30 to 6 p.m. each school day. In addition the program offers staff and volunteers the opportunity to develop teaching, program planning and people skills.
If you wish to enrol your child or volunteer for our program please contact us or meet us in the lunch room of Rose Avenue Public School any school day from 3:30 to 6 p.m.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITY SCHEDULE
- MONDAY Nutritious snack, health and wellness, reading and writing, physical activity.
- Tuesday Nutritious snack, drumming, physical activity.
- Wednesday Nutritious snack, various activities, reading and writing, soccer
- Thursday Nutritious snack, swimming.
- Friday Nutritious snack, nutrition, reading and writing, physical activity.
- Rose Avenue Junior Public School
- Volunteer Readers Program
- First Book Canada
- Jarvis CI
- Wellesley CC
- Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport
- RBC Foundation
- Excellence in Literacy Foundation
If you are interested in tutoring you’re own/other children, leaning about the Canadian educational system and the best learning methods for children at different ages this program is for you.
Are you interested in joining any of our programs?Sign up today
CMT Supported Programs help over 30,000 residents in St. James Town.